It's been a year now, since I started working in an online store with my partners. We have gone through a lot of learning steps. I think it would be useful to quell the start of online retailing in Arizona. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. I may start a new business again.
These are the brief steps.
- Find availability of the new company name on the Arizona Commission from the link below.
- Filling out the required documents to register a company as a company If you prefer to start as a limited liability company, you can do so by choosing the different company type and schedule of fees.
- Download the sample files from the link below
- Secret paper
- Articles of incorporation for local companies
- Disclosure certificate for commercial companies
- $ 95 Check Writing to Arizona Commission
- If the document is submitted in an expedited process ($ 60 + $ 35), it will take about a week to get the company material document ($ 5 each). Otherwise, it will take about 55 days.
- Once you received your company's article, publish it within 60 days. Capital time from A to Z can complete the entire process for about $ 91, including mailing the published copy to the AZ Company Commission. Of course, there are many public newspapers that can do it for you. Find the best one for your need.
- Once the process is complete, contact IRS.gov for a new PIN (Employee ID)
- Download and file the election form 2553 S-corporation to form s-corporation
- Apply Arizona's online retail license at AZTaxes.gov
- Apply a new commercial check account with the bank
- Apply a new business credit card
- Find a good company to buy a startup package (including regulations, minutes book, etc.)
- Register your desired domain name at Godaddy.com, which has a reasonable price.
- Find a good hosting company.
- Set up an open source shopping cart from Zen-Cart.com. It's free!
- Customized logo and layout
- Product introduction
- Set up a Paypal business account and its link to the shopping cart (Paypal IPN)
- Obtain an SSL certificate either on your own or with your hosting company. Without SSL, Paypal will not accept your credit card processing request.
The time to complete the entire company profile is about a month. right Now. It is up to you to run the business. Some notes to remember.
AZ requires a tax return file monthly. Fedral requires quarterly tax returns. Do research well on your product supplier. Many shipping companies charge ships an additional amount if you want to cancel your relationship with them. Also be aware of where the product is made and shipped. If the product is made in China, you are likely to find a different shipping company for the same product with a different brand name. You can bargain on the price.
To succeed as an online business, customer services and the quality of your products are important. Ignoring feeding your customer will cost you a lot to recover your damage.